Holy Guacamole!

Sooooo...one of my FAVORITE restaurants (good food, good atmosphere, great location) is Babalu. They have the most amazing guacamole dip that they make right at the table for you. I've always wanted the recipe so imagine my surprise when it was featured in the recent issue of Mississippi Magazine. I made it for a little party I had at the house recently and it was a hit! So, I must share the recipe with you so you can enjoy it just as much as we did!

Babalu Guacamole
from Mississippi Magazine May/June 2011

2 Hass avocados
1 tablespoon chopped green onions
1 tablespoon chopped red onion
1 ½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 ½ tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon minced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Split avocadoes, remove and discard pit, and scoop meat into a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and using a fork or a potato masher, mash until ingredients are well-incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serves 2 – 4



YUM YUM YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment